Chinese Date (JuJube)
Trees are grown in pots. Medium 2 to 3 feet tall $35.00; Large 4 to 5 feet tall $45.00 - GRAFTED. Zones 5-9
Known as Dai Chu in Korean. A small tree and shrub up to thirty feet tall that bears edible fruit, which are
cherry to plumb size and very sweet. Can be eaten fresh, dried or used in place of raisins and cooked into sauces.
Limited quantities. Large size trees shipped in Spring Only.
- Li - Large rounded fruit 1 1/2 inch long, 1 inch in diameter, and up to 3 ounces. Best
eaten fresh, ripens in Aug. Available for fall delivery
- Lang - Large fruit, pear shaped, fruit is red when ripe. Best when dried and made into jujube butter. Can be eaten fresh when red ripe. Can be substituted for apples in pies and is extremely productive.
Large trees, spring only, dug and shipped bare root 3 to 5 feet tall
Click here to enlarge pictures.
- Sherwood - Fruit is dense, fast growing tree, has barrel shaped fruit that is sweet and is an up right grower that prefers a drier climate to set fruit well. Large trees spring only, dug and shipped bare root, 3 to 5 feet tall
- GA-866 - Large elongated fruit ripening in mid-fall, close to Lang. This jujube has remarkably high sugar content with a sweet apple flavor. Performs well in high humidity areas. Large trees spring only, dug and shipped bare root, 3 to 5 feet tall
- Sugar Cane - Medium fruit which can be round to elongated. Extremely sweet fruit but on a thorny plant. The fruit is worthy of the thorns.
- So - Dwarf trees with a zig-zag pattern growth structure Makes a great specimen tree and conversation piece. Fruit is very large and round with a crisp apple-like flavor. Ripens in September and is one of our favorite jujubes to consume fresh.
- Coco - It is prized for its abundant crops of medium size golden brown fruit with a unique flavor reminiscent of coconut and apple. Available for fall delivery
Home Page |
Other Fruit Trees |